LEADERSHIP EDUCATION FOR ASIAN PACIFICS (LEAP) SEEKS APPLICANTS FOR PAID 2017 SUMMER INTERNSHIP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Leadership in Action (LIA) is an eight-week, paid summer internship program that develops the next generation of college student leaders. LIA provides an opportunity for students to work hands-on in the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community in Southern California gain leadership and workforce development training.
Selected interns are placed with CBO Partners in Southern California where they work four days a week with an assigned staff supervisor. Work assignments will be determined according to the organization’s programs and needs. One day a week, interns will meet at the LEAP office and receive leadership development training and work on a team project. Nationally recognized trainers will deliver workshops in critical skill areas. Local community leaders/activists and LEAP trainers will facilitate discussions on local or timely topics of interest.
PROGRAM LENGTH AND STIPEND
The eight-week program runs from June 19 through August 11, 2017. Interns will receive compensation in the amount of $3,360 for successful completion of the program and are responsible for their own housing, transportation, and insurance.
WHO SHOULD APPLY? College students or recent graduates with:
- A passion for learning and growing leadership skills
- An interest in gaining work experience in an API community-based nonprofit organization
- Prior experience in API communities (preferred but not necessary)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Leadership in Action application at www.leap.org/empower_liaapplication or http://www.leap.org/empower_liaapplication
- Submit the following supporting documents: Two letters of recommendation; Official transcript; Current resume; One Page Personal Statement – see prompt at www.leap.org/empower_liaapplication or http://www.leap.org/empower_liaapplication
DEADLINE: All application materials must be received by Monday, March 6, 2017.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAM AND ELIGIBILITY:
FOR QUESTIONS, CONTACT Steve Lin, Program Manager
Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics (LEAP)
Office: 213.485.1422 x4118